Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Next Road Trip

Around The Lake


It's never too early to start thinking about my next trip. I'd really like to do a small trip with Kari, I know she'd enjoy it a great deal. Obviously it's a challenge with 3 young children at home, but with the help of my mom we could make it happen at some point. The first trip that we're looking at would be a trip around Lake Michigan. It's just a little under 950 miles, and I figure that it could be made into two long days or three manageable days depending on how much time we had. It would be a nice trip, I know several people (Sharon Polite, Andy Trevino) that have done the trip and they seemed to enjoy it.

I've already looked into some changes I'd like to make to my bike to make it a little more comfortable for a longer trip. This would include adding a windshield or fairing as well as some hard saddle bags that were easier to manage. If Kari comes along I'd also need some kind of rear rack to store things on behind the sissy bar. It's fun to dream about the next adventure, fun to thing of sharing it with Kari! :)

No comments: