Thursday, September 11, 2008

How Do I Love Thee, Dish Washer? Let Me Count The Ways

Kari and I have happily glided into the twentieth century (no, that's not an error!) with the purchase of a new dish washer! Now, we had a dishwasher while we lived in Washington Township but the well water was so bad that the dishwasher was basically useless! On Sunday I did some hunting around and ended up at Menards (You save big money....) and purchased a new portable dishwasher and outside gas grill. The dishwasher is a champ!!! Kari and I sit around looking at each other now, thinking to ourselves, "Shouldn't we be cleaning something?!?" The dishes are getting washed, and that leaves me more time to spend on my favorite new hobby.....drumroll please...... COLORING!!! I've been doing lots of coloring lately to be a good example for Mackie. Poor Mav is just plain awful right now at staying in the lines, so I'm taking it upon myself to be a good example. I've caught the bug, and I've colored Dora, Diego, Ariel, Flounder, Fairies, Hedgehogs, and lots of trees! I may have to take some pictures of these works of art, you'd get a tear in your eye as a result of the beauty of my work! (Hopefully along the way I'll get Mav convinced!)

Mav was sad last night when he went to bed, so I used Froggy and Cubby Bear (his two stuffed animals) to create a make believe Pokemon battle! He was so impressed that he returned the favor and recreated a very elaborate battle by himself! I'm sad to say that Squirtle and Cubby Bear were defeated, but I was impressed by Mav's detailed account of the battle.

No comments: