Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday, Monday

Well, all is back to normal after the crazy amount of rain we had two weekends ago. I am finally able to take 80/94 to work, knocking my commute back down to around 25 minutes.

Maverik and I have been introduce to a game called Spore and have been having a blast with it. Part of the game includes being able to use the computer to build 3-D models of creatures, buildings, boats, cars, planes, and space ships. It's wonderful to peak over his shoulder and see him work. He makes some wonderful creations, I'm going to see if there's any way to get some of them on the blog for all to see. Maverik and Jaecy are now working on writing their letters at home, Jaecy loves to work on it while Maverik simply puts up with me while I make him do it.

While Kari and I are far from couch potatoes we are very excited about this week because season 3 of Heroes premieres tonight and IronMan is released to DVD next week.

We're talking about role models in Health class, and for years I have exposed my students to Team Hoyt. I once saw this man on TV participating in a Triathalon and was in awe of his drive. Little did I know at the time where the real drive was coming from. As Jayden has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, this video should reach out to anyone that loves him! For your enjoyment, Team Hoyt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flRvsO8m_KI

By the way, I love the song that plays at the end of the video:

I Can Only Imagine

"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?

Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'?
Will I be able to speak at all?I can only imagine! I can only imagine!
I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!

I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?

Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?

Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!!

Only imagine!!!I can only imagine.



Jayden is becoming more and more curious...and I as I see him, see him with his brother and sister, and see his soul through his eyes....I know one thing as sure as I'm breathing air. That boy knows love, knows what it means to love and be loved. Spend 5 minutes with him, it's undeniable. It's a gift that we all need to enjoy because, as a teacher, I see that not everyone has that light in their eyes.

No comments: