Friday, May 23, 2008

Yo Momma!

A while back I cut out a newspaper article for Health class that discussed how strong marriages benefit society. Within the article I found an interesting section that I thought I'd share today with the mothers in my life.

A few years ago the National Geographic provided an example of sacrificial love. After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest rangers assessed the damage.
One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes at the base of a tree. He knocked over the bird with a stick and three tiny chicks scurried away from under the dead mother’s wings.
Instinctively the mother had gathered her chicks under her wings knowing the toxic smoke would rise. She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies.
The blaze had scorched her fragile body but she remained steadfast. Because she had been willing to die, those covered by her wings would live.



HE SHALL COVER YOU WITH HIS FEATHERS,
AND UNDER HIS WINGS YOU SHALL TAKE REFUGE;
HIS TRUTH SHALL BE YOUR SHIELD AND BUCKLER.
~ PSALM 91:04 ~

Jaecy and I took a trip to Wal-Mart the other day to pick up some stuff. In the parking lot Jaecy noticed some birds, and she pointed them out to me. As she and I walked towards the store I told her to hurry up or the birds would poop on her head! Her response was, "Daddy, birds don't poop!" She said it in a tone that made me feel like I'd missed out on a well known fact of life! She'll believe me once she turns 16 and washes her car. ;) (Scary thought!)

No comments: